Wednesday, May 18, 2011

And so long as man and woman agreed, they were a single unit.

I stumbled upon this that I really liked in Sapolsky's "Why Zebras Don't Get Ulcers".


    "Independent replication of results is essential in science.  Years into a chase, a scientist triumphs and publishes the structure of a new hormone or brain chemical.  Two weeks later the other guy comes forward.  He has every incentive on earth to probe that the first guy was wrong.  Instead, he is forced to say, "I hate that son of a [gun], but I have to admit he's right.  We get the identical structure."

And while reading in my Book of Mormon, I found these congruent verses.

"Wherefore murmur ye, because that ye shall receive more of my word?
Know ye not that the testimony of two nations is a witness unto you that I am God,
that I remember one nation like unto another?
Wherefore, I speak the same words unto one nation like unto another.
And when the two nations shall run together the testimony of the two nations shall run together also."
2 Nephi 29:8

Another scripture to illustrate my thought process from the Bible.

"...prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts,
if I will not open you the windows of heaven,
and pour you out a blessing
that there shall not be room enough to receive it."
Malachi 3:10

    This principle, is huge in the growth of human beings.  We grow from each other, thinking, trying, being reinforced by other's similar efforts.  So many people don't understand for example, testimony meeting in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, but it is built on this principle.  The independent replication of results provides us truths.  So don't be shy! Talk to people.  Share your ideas.  Because if you share what you believe to be true, others may be intrigued and venture to see what it is you're so happy or passionate about, and see what you see.  But please, PLEASE I beg of anyone who reads this, share the good, positive, and worth sharing things.  Don't pass on evil, or vile, poisonous things.  

No comments:

Post a Comment